Thursday, April 23, 2009

Namaste

Eight hours is a long time to be behind the bar when you have a total of eight customers in that time frame. I thought maybe my boss would come have a drink, so I stuffed some blue cheese olives. I cleaned everything that could be cleaned, even though it was already clean. I did the waitress side work for the evening. The owner's decorator was in taking some pictures of different elements he had done, so I watched him and his assistant work for awhile. I thought they left and after awhile when I couldn't think of anything else to do. I was sore from standing, but also tired of sitting on a cooler. I thought, "I'd probably feel better if I stretched, or got some exercise."

I went to the side of the bar where the club was not open. (There are two rooms to the club and the bar is in between.) I went to a spot where I could see if anyone was coming in the door and decided to do some yoga. I was somewhat limited because of space, and because I a new to yoga and don't know a lot of poses, and because I was wearing a corset. I started in Warrior II, then did what I think is called an angle, or an arrow, I'm not sure which. I did several of what I'm sure are called sunflowers. Back to Warrior II facing the other way. I saw someone was coming in, so I walked around to the other side of the bar feeling a little better.

I waited on the customer, then saw the decorator standing there. He asked me if I could turn off a TV, so I asked which one. "The one you were just...ummm.... standing... under." He had been up in a VIP suite behind two-way glass, where he could see out to the bar, and the TV was in the background of his pictures. And the crazy bartender below the TV. At least I wasn't doing Happy Baby.

5 comments:

Middle Aged Woman Blogging said...

I hope you at least got a tip!!

i do not know me said...

Maybe he thought you were practicing your dance moves

Jennifer said...

Hmm.. I've heard of strip aerobics and strip poker, but never strip yoga.

i do not know me said...

Where are these strip aerobics happening and how can I sign up?

Peoria Peepers said...

LOL, happy baby would have been hilarious!
I sometimes get into down dog in my office, and I'm sure someday it will turn out to be the wrong place at the wrong time...